MEDF provides small grants to organizations that are working to improve the quality of life for Detroiters. Applications are only accepted ONLINE. Please see deadlines below.
Apply For MEDF Grants
ORGANIZATIONAL GRANT DESCRIPTION, PROCESS & CRITERIA
The purpose of MEDF’s grantmaking program is to provide small grants to organization’s working to improve the quality of life for Detroiters. We invite applications for programs/projects addressing the following focus areas education, youth development, the Arts, political awareness, health, environment, justice and others areas addressing the social well-being of Detroiters.
Grants will not be considered for capital projects, operational costs, equipment purchases, etc.
Organizations must meet the following criteria:
- be a 501c3
- in operation for at least 1 year
- a maximum organizational operating budget of $500, 000 and program budget of $150,000
- headquartered in the city of Detroit
- have programming/projects that are based, serve and benefit the residents of the City of Detroit
If you have any questions regarding the grant process or required materials, please email [email protected].
Please fill out Media Release Form
- Helping Operations for People Empowerment (HOPE)
- Detroit Hives
- Community Service Development Corp
- Jars Full of Joy
- Detroit Heals Detroit, Inc.
- Developing Kingdoms in Difference Stages dba Developing K.I.D.S
- DST DAC
- Focus: HOPE
- Mercy Education Project
- The Yunion
- Detroit Hives
- Working Out with Lazet Foundation
- Big Brother Big Sisters
- SDM2: Project Education
- Virtual Dialysis Support Center
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- My Sistah’s Journey
- Howard University Escape to The Capstone
- SDM2 Project Education
- Brown Girls Read
- Central Detroit Christian Community Development Association
- Detroit Food Academy
- Michigan Community Resources
- Freedom House Detroit
- Detroit Phoenix Center