MEDF provides small grants to organizations that are working to improve the quality of life for Detroiters. Applications are now accepted online or sent via traditional mail. Materials must be postmarked by July 1, 2021.
ORGANIZATIONAL GRANT DESCRIPTION, PROCESS & CRITERIA
The purpose of MEDF’s grantmaking program is to provide small grants to organization’s working to improve the quality of life for Detroiters. We invite applications for programs/projects addressing the following focus areas education, youth development, the Arts, political awareness, health, environment, justice and others areas addressing the social well-being of Detroiters.
Grants will not be considered for capital projects, operational costs, equipment purchases, etc.
Applications can be submitted both on-line and mail. We strongly encourage submittals on-line.
Mail-in applications must be submitted (post-marked) by June 21, 2021 or submit online applications by July 1 at 11:59 pm.
March 22, 2021 Applications available on-line
July 1, 2021 Application Deadline
August 1, 2021 Winners notified
Organizations must meet the following criteria:
- be a 501c3
- in operation for at least 1 year
- have a maximum operating budget of $150,000
- headquartered in the city of Detroit
- have programming/projects that are based, serve and benefit the residents of the City of Detroit
If you have any questions regarding the grant process or required materials, please email email@example.com.
MEDF Grant Application
Mail the completed application to:
Minerva Education and Development Foundation
P.O. Box 21655
Detroit, MI 48221
Download Application Below:
- Developing Kingdoms in Difference Stages dba Developing K.I.D.S
- DST DAC
- Focus: HOPE
- Mercy Education Project
- The Yunion
- Detroit Hives
- Working Out with Lazet Foundation
- Big Brother Big Sisters
- SDM2: Project Education
- Virtual Dialysis Support Center
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- My Sistah’s Journey
- Howard University Escape to The Capstone
- SDM2 Project Education
- Brown Girls Read
- Central Detroit Christian Community Development Association
- Detroit Food Academy
- Michigan Community Resources
- Freedom House Detroit
- Detroit Phoenix Center